Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's Talk: The L Word


So the L Word premiered tonight and I was beyond excited! I have been watching this show since it first aired and despite common perception this show isn't just for lesbians! (Case in point: Me, some may say it's b/c because I'm a bleeding heart liberal and my best guy friend is gay but I'm sticking to my guns here-it's just that good! Sure the sex scenes are graphic but the characters are all unique and interesting! The show is fantastic and straight people do exist in their world lol!


So, I found my heart breaking at the state of Jenny and Shane's friendship....(sigh) the whole taking sides and picking tables thing was SO high school! I must admit I found myself siding with Shane's table simply because I felt like Jenny was immature by making the friends choose- if she didn't want to talk to Shane she should've left. Now there's going to be a rift between all of them......(Did anybody else notice the HUGE zit Jenny had!?)
Shane looked hot tonight!





Tina and Bette- meh boring! why was there a huge glitter butterfly on bette's dress? It was SO distracting it may as well have been a main character....Do you think they'll change the ending of LEz Girls back?



Tasha and Alice- I'm sorry I need for someone to clarify this for me- didn't Alice cheat because she kissed that chick with the long brown hair? I kinda can't remember. I really want them to break up honestly....Tasha is dry as a desert! BORING! The military storyline was interesting but what now?!



Papi- Here I thought she was gone for good but now she's back whoring and with Gabby lol. Wonder if she'll be in this season? I haven't heard anything about her....



Kit- I hated her wig and she needs a new male love interest, I wish they would give her a romantic storyline! Maybe her son will reemerge.....or she'll fall off the wagon



Helena- owns a club named hit, she was so badass when she stopped that fight lol! she needs a storyline too..... helena looks rundown almost no?



Nikki- had to be embarassed when jenny told her she was a shallow sniveling brat (classic!)

Adele- What a bitch! I LOVE IT! She's the villain and I want to see her go psycho with her weird obsession with Jenny....she has so much potential to really shake things up as opposed to just stealing jenny's job and that's it!







SO WHO DO WE THINK KILLED JENNY?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, QuieroShane here! I agree with almost everything you said, except I do kinda think Alice & Tasha should kiss and make up.

    I'm TOTALLY on Shane's side and I now DESPISE Jenny. Shane messed up but she does NOT deserve everything Jenny's doing to her!

    Love love love Helena and Kit's "The Hit Club" idea. And my FAVORITE part of the episode was when Shane was beyond drunk and looked like she was about to kiss Helena.. by accident.. yet again! lol I was hoping she would and then go, "I didn't mean that... AGAIN!"

    Tibette as always are a nauseating BORE! I now HATE Tina for how she's talking to Shane but I LOVE Bette for defending Shane!

    WOO HOOOOOOO PAPI!!!!! I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I was a little disappointed in the premiere--not sure why, guess with all the Who Killed Jenny hype I was expecting more that storyline. But that will unfold with the season and I guess last night was a little of getting back on track with what happened last season.

    Jenny--gotta love her, at least until you hate her. She kinda scared me with the whole vengeful sex with Nikki. I was expecting her to pull a knife at any time. So that's what that was on her face! :)

    Shane was looking hot and I've always loved her character but she may have broken the camel's back with her latest stunt.

    Unlike the "Ordinary Girl" and "QuieroShane", I love Bette and Tina! I really, really hope they stay together but I'm pretty sure Bette will pull some stunts this season with the Elizabeth Berkley character that's coming on.

    Couldn't agree more with the "Tasha is as dry as the desert" comment you made. I've never liked her and Alice is way too fun to be with someone like her.

    Here's to waiting for next Sunday.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally on Shane's side too. Jenny could have been mature enough to sit at the table with her and just not talk to her. I'm surprised people actually took Jenny's side. Hasn't she screwed them all over at some point, except for Helena, Kit and Tasha? I hate that the series is ending now that Jenny is dead. I would have rather they killed her in the first place instead of Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katesha, I totally agree with your comment on switching dana and jenny!! I was so pissed- dana went through alot from being famous to offically coming out and not being ashamed to getting breast cancer and then just when it seemed like things were going great for her....BAM! She was gone just like that! Jenny has had alot of development as a character and I SHOULD love her but truth be told she's just as bad as Nicki. Jenny has shown countless times that she's just as immature and conniving!

    I hope Bette doesn't cheat on Tina even if i am bored with their storyline! They were always that one stable couple that I thought could really make it (aside from tina going straight for a season and bette cheating)

    Did anybody else see the previews for the coming episodes?! The chick who extorted Helena is coming back (sounds juicy), of course Shenny is coming soon, and Alice is going to counseling with Tasha(already?! I mean I thought only married couples attended that type of thing lol)

    ReplyDelete