Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here's to a New Year and a New President!



Of course he's not Superman lol but I do look forward to some big changes this year from the Obama Administration! And who doesn't love Joe Biden with his Bugs Bunny smile?! The economy,home foreclosures, and high unemployment rate has crushed alot of people and families.



For me, 2008 was the worst year of my life: my father had a debilitating stroke and while on his road to recovery my mother struggled horribly in the financial department since he was the breadwinner. Of course I helped as much as I could financially but could only do so much as a 20 something working and on the way back to grad school in August.....my brother (my 20 yr old brother) got deployed to Iraq and I can tell he's suffering over there, depression...etc etc



My point is that for alot of people this election was personal because ALOT of people were suffering. Now don't get it twisted, unlike many I don't blame everything on Bush saying that 'he's an idiot who got us in this mess' . Why? Because, we the american people re-elected him and allowed him to serve 8 yrs so what does that say about us.... We ALL want change and I can't wait to see what he does first. He just strikes me as a 'man of the people'.....YAY for 2009! It's a New Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment