Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's Talk: Golden Globes Fashion

So I decided to make this post after looking over several 'Best' lists in confusion. Seriously, since when does a bubblegum pink wrinkly dress make one of the top looks of the night! So I've decided to make my own Best and Worst with hilarious commentary included!!!




Let's begin the with all of the ladies I chose to discuss:
Kate Winslet: People labeled her dress as boring but she looked so chic and sophisticated. Very Old Hollywood.
Eva Longoria: She was a siren in that dress!
Marisa Tomei: Her outfit was on ALL the worst lists but I thought it was very boho chic. Not really my style (kinda Pirates of the Carribean) but it was befitting of hers.
Evan Rachel Wood: I LOVED her flapper-esque dress she looked young and sophisticated! The makeup,hair,dress was perfect.
Kate Beckinsale- Nice dress but those earrings were FIERCE! The best thing about her outfit.
Drew Barrymore: I GET IT! She's a free spirit but that is no excuse for her to walk onto the read carpet with helmet hair and dark roots!!!!!! On top of all that the tongue ring combined with the frosted eyeshadow was just TACKY with the soft pastel dress she wore!
Eva Mendes: WHY EVA WHY?! The necklace was unique and the dress made her skin look amazing....so what gives with built-in napkin added on to it?!!!! It was so distracting- I though it was a flower but it just hung there limply!!
Rachel Griffiths: I loved the dress and the color but it was wrinkled beyond belief- did she walk there?!
Jenna Fischer: Your dress was so cute- for the beach, shopping with the girls, a summer barbeque but not for the Globes!
Maggie Gyllenhaal: Maggie you're supposed to wear the dress not let it wear you! The leopard material swallowed you whole!
Jennifer Lopez: Nobody forgot that crotch-grazing green dress from years and years ago but seriously your are "39" now and this isn't Studio 54. A gold backless dress with a plunging neckline was really distracting from your gorgeous hair and makeup. (PS Your wedding ring matches EVERYTHING!)
Angelina Jolie: I know you're going for that whole " Earth Mother and Goddess of Nature" look but what a dull shapeless frock! (Glad you didn't give Winslet the 'bitchface' when she forgot your name!)
Beyonce: You wanna be sexy but was the too tight dress with cleavage jammed under your neck and crotch slit necessary? NO
Heidi Klum: Do I even need to comment....
Cameron Diaz: Sure the dress was pepto bismal pink, wrinkled, hideous with shaggy dog hair but I was so distracted with how emaciated she looked!!
Laura Linney: Absolutely stunning! I can't find anything wrong with her from head to toe.

Rumer Willis: Okay so...I hated her hair color it looked so brash to me! The belt bothered me-it just didn't go. The dress is very pretty though -loved the color.
Anne Hathaway: I'm sorry but this was a miss for me! It looked like something that could've been worn in the Princess Diaries films.
Megan Fox: Her dress kinda looked like an antique tablecloth in my grandmother's home!

Elizabeth Banks: Why was she on the Worst lists? I thought she was glowing and gorgeous....
~ So what do you guys think of my list?! Love it...hate it? TELL ME!!

1 comment: