
*BEGIN RANT*
(SCREAMING) WTH?! I HATE THAT THE L WORD IS ENDING BUT IT'S A GODSEND AT THIS POINT FOR ME! DON'T GET ME WRONG- I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS EPISODE BUT DAMNIT AREN'T WE SUPPOSED TO BE WRAPPING UP SINCE THE FINALE IS ON SUNDAY! FURTHERMORE TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY THE VIEWERS FIND OUT THAT THE LAST EPISODE ISN'T 2 HOURS NOOOOOOO IT'S 1 HOUR OF BEHIND THE SCENES MEMORIES AND THEN THE TYPICAL 1 HR (COUGH*45 MIN*) SHOW WE ALWAYS GET!!! I'M GLAD THE SHOW IS ENDING BUT SADDENED BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN BUTCHERED.....
*END RANT*
ONTO MY RECAP:
So I was really digging the dance-a-thon they had going on in this episode! Nothing like that happens where I live- I would SO go if it did.....
Was anyone laughing at the fact of how the audience was supposed to follow the dancers on the stage for 'examples' of the type of dance they were supposed to be doing yet they were doing piruettes and gymnastics all over the place!
Bette and Tina looked adorable! Tina stepped her game up wardrobe wise and Bette looked FAB! (Shoutout to Rangergirl) They were ROBBED in my opinion- did Jodie and her partner only win because Jodie's deaf?! I'm really serious asking that, because Jodie's 'moves' were NOT all that! I hate to be mean (well no I don't) but they got a SYMPATHY VOTE IMO....
I thought that Bette was going to lay a punch on Jenny when she approached her talking trash about her sleeping with Kelly- I was begging her (well the tv technically) to do it!
Aww I'm glad Dylan sucked it up and came back to Helena. I mean to me she didn't really have a right to be as mad as she was about being tested...Helena was trying to protect her own heart after what happened before with them.
Shane Shane Shane- What a low down dirty Shane! Is there no bottom to the abyss...She's giving everyone the impression that she can't stand Jenny but she allows herself to be stomped on and embarassed publicly- if she'd broken up with her after the 'office' fiasco this problem wouldn't exist.
So I finally agree with something Jenny has done!!! Her public shaming/stoning of Shane was well played (golf claps) but onto a more interesting theory on that: I think Jenny has bugged Shane or she's been stalking her! Think about it- remember when Shane went and met Alice? Jenny magically popped up, She knew Shane was in the bathroom with Nikki (which was weird), buying Shane's affections right when she knows she's losing her, etc
Jive Talk Kit was in all her 70's glory this episode!! I balked when I saw that afro on her....
Now that I've seen Sunset out of drag, I wasn't very excited to see him back in those skintight discoball dresses which were very unflattering...I loved that he came out and declared to everybody that he was a straight man who liked to dress in drag! Kit looked pissed and hurt but it's only because she liked Sunset as her girlfriend and realized how droolworthy Simon? was! So there's Kit's happy ending.....
Where was MAx? This is the first time since MAx has appeared that I've actually been interested in one of his storylines and he's disappeared again!
Alice, Tasha, and Jamie looked adorable in their Salt n Peppa type outfits! She's so competitive with Bette
Jamie is a stealthy B...she's been gunning for Tasha all this time while pretending to be Alice's friend! Didn't we all know? Yes but still......
So here are MY theories for the Finale (These are great ideas if I do say so myself! Maybe I should should write for a show lol) :
* I think the last show is going to flash forward in time a little bit (remember the first episode showed Jenny's death then flashed to 3 months prior) I think we'll end up to the day Jenny was killed then we'll be treated to a mix of the present sprinkled with flashforwards and flashbacks (Think Benjamin Button or Memento) I think it'll be like that the entire episode so as to keep the viewers guessing as to how Jenny died or if she did at all...
* In a flashforward, we will see Max give his baby to Bette and Tina. Unable to handle the pressure of being labeled a 'mother' he will gladly give the baby to them and proceed to receive his operation and move somewhere where nobody knows a thing about him.
* Bette and Tina will fall out over this Wentworth Scandal. Tina will have lost trust in Bette upon seeing Jenny's photograph and will flee to NY for the job she was offered taking the baby. Flashforward in time- Bette begs forgiveness and provides proof that she didn't cheat. They all live happily ever after with a new life and new friends.
* We will flash to Kit and Sunset/Simon getting married. Their reception will be in HIT where Carmen will be the DJ. (This will be after Jenny) Shane and Carmen will lock eyes and remember all their old feeling for each other. They'll run away together for a fresh start....
* Helena will enter the movie business again with Dylan at her side. They'll stay in LA and live their lives extortion free....
* Tasha and Alice will break up. Tasha will move in with Jamie, all friendship ties between them will be severed. (Rightfully so!)
*Now onto Jenny's Death Theories:
~This is all an elaborate fantasy within the twisted psyche of Jenny about random strangers/neighbors she's met. She's a writer who just moved to LA with her fiance' Tim.
~ Jodie kills Jenny in a psychotic rage! Hear me out: Jodie formed and unlikely friendship with Jenny in order to hear information about Tina and Bette's relationship. When Jenny confides in Jodie by telling her about the pic she took of Bette and Kelly, Jodie encourages her to expose Bette. Jenny exposes them but it doesn't do the amount of damage Jodie wanted which is for Bette to have NOTHING and be alone! In her rage, Fatal Attraction Jodie lashes out at Jenny killing her.
~ Nikki kills Jenny. Nikki is a STAR and she's sick and tired of Jenny reigning on her parade. First Jenny throws her away like trash, then she steals Shane, and then she pubicly humiliates Nikki at a well publicized event. She decides the only way to get what she wants is to take the problem (Jenny) out of the picture. After she kills her, Nikki prepares to be arrested because she knows that her celebrity will save her from jailtime but something goes wrong and the finger is pointed at Alice instead.
~ Adele returns to LA seething with rage. The film studio has stopped her 3 picture deal due to the fact that the film negative for Lez Girls is still missing. The film can't be released and as a result Adele is kicked to the curb. Adele served as Jenny's slave for too long to lose everything she ever wanted now....
~Alice goes temporarily insane. Reeling from her breakup with Tasha and still jobless, Alice hears news that the movie studios are in a bidding war for Jenny's script all while giving Jenny national celebrity as a great screenwriter. Alice snaps (just like she did when she engaged in a high speed chase pursuing Dana after the relationship was over) and proceeds to talk to Joyce about what she should do- Joyce tells her nothing can be done. Alice won't take it lying down and gets into a huge argument at a party celebrating Jenny's sucess. She and Jenny are by the pool screaming at each other (music is blasting and everyone is inside) and Alice shoves Jenny and she falls wrong and busts the back of her head on the pool ledge sinking into the pool.....Alice coming to grips with what she's done rushes inside for help
~This is all an elaborate story written by a troubled teenager living in the Midwest. Her name: Jennifer Schecter....
~Jenny committed suicide in a way that looks like foul play was involved. Her life has never gone right. All her relationships have fauled, her friends hate her, she hates herself and the serpent she's become, she has nobody.....so she drowns herself. But after she's dead the officers find it hard to believe that Jenny killed herself when so many people had motives and the one with the biggest: Alice
~ Jenny commits suicide and it's ruled as a suicide. All the friends go their separate ways and EUREKA! Alice gets a kickass idea for a screenplay about a woman's prison. She decides to do research by emerging herself into the prison scene under a cover: as a murderer who killed a friend. Since Jenny's dead she just uses that as her story.....
Whew that was alot!!! Until next week........

Thanks for the shoutout--and yes, Bette did look fabulous the entire episode. So did Tina, they are so great together. They so got robbed in the dance competition! You are so right about Jodie's moves being lack-luster. That costume that Marlee Matlin brought from her Dancing With The Stars days must have brought her good luck.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the fun and laughter the dance marathon brought to this episode. Hippie Alice made me laugh and Tasha and her hat reminded me of Rudy from Fat Albert. As always Alice provided some great lines: To Shane backstage and in a ghetto voice, "Bitch, I'm gonna kick yo ass!" Her reference to "Baby Mama" when talking to Bette and Tina about Marcy moving in was funny. I totally agree with her reasoning though and I was not disappointed when Marcy was a no show at the bus station. I loved the competition between Bette and Alice and that Bette realized the dangerous combo of spandex and wigs. lol!
Shane--oh so miserable but looked oh so good. She looked better in this episode than she has in a long time. And she in Nikki in the bathroom-it was only a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if what you said about Jenny having Shane bugged and/or stalked is right.
Gotta love Foxy Brown's -I mean Kit's fro. But is she really so clueless that she couldn't recognize Sunset again?
Poor Alice! I feel so bad for her. Obviously she doesn't want to lose Tasha but it seems like she has already come to grips with the fact that she and Tasha just aren't compatible. And she loves Tasha too much to see her unhappy so I can see her stepping aside to give Jamie and Tasha a chance.
I really like Dylan and Helena as a couple. If the show wasn't ending I think they would have the potential to become my favorite couple. Wait a minute, did I just say that? Who am I kidding?! Bette and Tina will always be my fav couple no matter what.
I am saddened by both the show ending and that the characters have been butchered. And I am so afraid that the finale is going to leave me disappointed. I mean, at this point, how much can they do in a 1 hour finale. I am NOT happy about that. But, MissIndependent, if you were on the writing team I wouldn't have to worry. I am totally serious when I say this, maybe you SHOULD be a writer for a show! I loved all your finale theories except for the part about Bette and Tina moving to NY. It makes me sad to think of them leaving the group even though it's probably the best thing for them. I really like your Jenny committing suicide and Alice going undercover in prison for screenplay research idea, but I can also see Alice losing it and pushing Jenny into the pool. If the latter does happen, at least Alice could plead temporary insanity and get a lighter sentence. She would have a slew of character witnesses that would testify to the psychotic evilness of Jenny.
I'm going to give Chaiken a call and tell her she needs to hire you to write for "The Farm!"
I pray that Chaiken was posessed by your spirit and translated one of these fantastic endings into the finale. I like the temporarily insane bit and it fits because we all remember how random and out of character it was for Alice to be acting so erratically. She could've killed herself and Dana! I hope Dana shows up in the last episode, she was my favorite until she was unexpectedly killed off.
ReplyDeleteLOL when looking back at my comment on Jodie's dancing I thought " I'm so going to hell for that" Glad you agree
ReplyDeleteThank you! So glad you liked my theories on Jenny! LOL Chaiken would prob hate me just for trying to change her messed up story lines. She wouldn't hire me until she recieved a phone call from a high profile person suggesting me (i.e. YOU) haha =)
Loved Alice's hippy look! Tasha looked like a possible contender for the Jackson 5...the pants, the hat, the dance moves...
Everybody had a cute retro look going on but what type of outfit was Jenny going for? Lost girl in Paris??
Aahhh Shane did look good last night! Loved how gangster she was by coming in her everyday clothes
I like Helena and Dylan also. I think that they have a very laid back 'fuck it' vibe in their relationship! (Crap, I just upped my cussing percentage lol)
Anyway, I also hate that the show is ending becuase I'll miss your funny commentary, the fame and any other random anons or people who posted comments! You better stick around missy (if not I'll live lol) If you do by chance decide to visit after, anything you'd like to see on here?
PS Do you think the actors will have success after? I think JB will but everybody else will kind of fade away sadly....
The-fame
ReplyDeleteI kind of like the insane theory too, it'd be interesting to see Alice go batshit crazy again LOL! If not that then I like the researching idea just because that's very 'Alice also!
Ordinary girl I am on pins n needles for tonight! I saw Dana in a preview and almost died with excitement so she may be in the show and not just the flashback hour
ReplyDeleteMiss Independent--I'm really gonna miss this!! Thanks for the kind words and I'll definitely miss the laughs your posts always brought me. Well, the 1 hour look-back is on as I type but I've already missed 30 mins of it due to my softball game so I'll catch it On Demand tomorrow. Here's to a great finale!! (Fingers crossed!)
ReplyDeletep.s. I think you are right about JB's success continuing since she has the biggest resume of the cast. I could see Mia Kirshner doing well in the future as she really is a great actress. And we know Leisha Hailey has "The Farm" but it remains to be seen if it will last. I think she could do well somewhere else even if it doesn't because she has great comedic timing. I love Kate and hope that she can find a nice new role but I think she will always be type-casted in the androgynous roles. I love Laurel but I don't really see her doing anything major after this for some reason. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Pam Grier is going to re-vamp the role of Foxy Brown in a new movie, "Foxy Kicks Ass on Sunset Boulevard." :)
Oh yeah, let me think about what I'd like to see on here. I definitely want to stick around!
Think on it while I'm working on my 'reaction' post to last night's episode lol! It should be up later and I'm pretty sure that we are both thinking the same things....
ReplyDelete