Sunday, February 8, 2009

The L Word Recap: Leaving Los Angeles


Let me begin with apoligies on being so late with my post! It's just that......welll....this episode was SO boring that I wasn't exactly rushing to write a recap on such a dull episode!! Seriously what happened? I mean the last episode was perfect: with just enough funny, a touch of drama, and a bit of excitement mixed in with all the friends together at the end. So let me begin:

This episode was supposed to focus on Bette and Tina trying to adopt another child-probably why I was practically asleep this time. ZZZZZZZZZZ.........

What a touching moment when they found out they are going to have a baby boy!

Bette had a major point when she told Tina to let her off 'Cheater's Probation'! How many times is Tina going to go over the afair with Candace?!!!! It's like rubbing salt in the wound...Tina chose to forgive Bette and take her back so she needs to let it go already!

Bette is working as Kelly's partner- That sounds very exciting indeed! I LOVED how she totally pulled a powerplay on Kelly by refusing to work as her subordinate and only as her equal. Doesn't Kelly know that Bette is the HBIC?!

Weird tidbit: Bette tried to kill herself over Kelly. I never really saw Bette as that type.....

Helena is the love of Dylan's life???? I have several problems with that!!!! Didn't Dylan JUST come out and realize she likes women? Where has she been for the past season or two if she felt that way? How come she didn't reemerge until the very last season? I like the idea of them reconnecting but I think it's a bit hasty for them to start using 'the l word'!!!! I feel like this storyline is being forced as an eventual 'happily ever after' type deal!

LOL I thought Helena was going to kick Dylan's ass on her front lawn! Dylan looked so scared...

Ummmm, how weird was the Tasha-Jamie-Alice connection? Tasha wants Jamie but Alice LIKES Jamie...hmmm is this a potential foreshadowing for their inevitable breakup or are they going to have a threesome? Jamie seems more into Alice then anything else and was not remotely interested in Helena! She's kinda sneaky in my opinion- I mean she and Alice seemed like they almost kissed when they were making the 'nutloaf'!!

NEWSFLASH to Jenny: Shane is not a maid! Throwing a garbage bag at her and telling her to come into your closet to help you clean is not her obligation!

Jenny has gone off the reservation!!! She's just as bad as 'Fatal Attraction' Jodie in my opinion, she basically skipped a couple steps of "Relationships 101" when she moved Shane into her room without permission. What happened to the dating phase that comes between moving into the same room and sharing everything together?


The line where Jenny asks about what part of her personality Shane thinks she should get rid of- Shane says 'that's hard to say and laughs uncomfortably' what she should have said is " how about all of it"


Shane's closet was kind of hilarious. Did any body notice that every article of clothing seemed to represent a chick=Paige era, Carmens shirt, etc. They couldn't be any more obvious by the mention of both Marina and Carmen in this episode! Both 'first loves' for Jenny and Shane.

I love when Shane and Alice get together and have their little chats! I miss their friendship...

Did Jenny follow Shane-How stalkerish?!

SHANE TOLD JENNY SHE LOVED HER!!!! GRRRR...We all know that she didn't mean it! She meant she loved her as a friend but Jenny took it another way! Shane needs to stop allowing Jenny to emotionally bully her into a romantic relationship damnit!!! It's fine if they are going to be together but don't completely destroy the character of Shane to do so......

Aww Max looked so upset about Tom with Gerard! That was messed up- why was he flirting with that guy in front of Max.

Jenny was such an insensitive bitch to Max when she kept making comments about Max's womanly figure and breasts,etc. I feel sorry for Max because nobody is giving the support needed! Now that Tom is gone, what happens to the baby now? I expected alot more from Tom!!! He and Max have been through alot and NOW at the most inconvenient time he wants to be a playboy, pack his bags and leave Max who is pregnant with his child!!!!!!

Kit and Sunset? What a weird little duo- it could work though! I bet he acts out her 'fantasy'

I'm sad! This episode was so lifeless and the fact that there are only four episodes left is really killing me! At least the next episode looks exciting with Nikki and Jodie returning!! I need for alot of these loose ends to be tied up! So what is Jenny supposed to die the very last episode????? God I wish it were sooner..... Feel free to discuss!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. This episode did drag along.
    I really hate Shenny now and think you are spot on that Shane isn't acting like Shane. Where's the womanizer with a heart of gold that we've come to know and love. Why is Jenny all of a sudden crazy in love with Shane to the point where she lost her sanity. Jenny used to be a complex and loveable character and I hate how they have torn her to bits this season.
    Tom was an arse for leaving Max like that, but it's certainly understandable why. The whole situation is overly complicated and I'm sure he'll be back within the next episode or two. He looked like he threw up in his mouth when he saw Max naked.
    I'm not really into Sunset and Kit becoming a couple. I wish Angus or Ivan would return to sweep her off her feet. I always fancied the idea of Kit as the only straight girl of the bunch but they never do anything with her character.
    Tina and Bette are having another baby (crickets) Nobody really cares.
    I don't want to see a threesome happen at all! Jamie and Alice have personalities more suited to each other's liking then Tasha and Jamie.
    Ordinary girl, I diagree on Helena and Dillon though! I think they make a great match and want to see Helena with some happiness after all she's been through. The writers have ignored Helena for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, why did Tina and Bette have to leave the state just to find one person who would allow them to adopt their child? I'm a transplant Californian and was curious as to why they couldn't find anyone in the state?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did take you a couple day to do the recap, I thought maybe my laptop just wasn't updating or had a bug or something! I don't think the episode was that bad, it just didn't have the usual overblown dramas as usual. It seemed a little more realistic and relateable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Shane, this is the "Crazy Jenny Show"! I'm with you Ordinary Girl, could we please speed up the kill Jenny process?! She gets more manipulative and nasty each episode and it is starting to get old. And the fact that she thinks any foundation would want her old art supplies is proof enough that she has totally lost any marble that she may have had left.

    I am a big fan of Jennifer Beals and Bette and Tina are my fav couple, but what is up with Bette's wardrobe this season?? First she's wearing the bedazzled butterfly top in episode one and this show she is wearing some crazy looking 'flowers gone wild' frilly blouse. And another thing, who really believes that Bette would agree to stay in that sleezy looking little hotel in Nevada?? I don't know, I guess maybe she finally realized she should tone down her spending when she is jobless. :) Did you notice that she was not wearing her wedding band in the Planet scene with Kelly?? I don't like the looks of that!

    Okay, was Tosha bitten by the pleasant and happy bug between last episode and this one?? Her unnatural niceness kinda weirded me out. lol! Not sure what to make of the triplets--Tosha, Alice, and Jamie. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

    I like Helena and Dylan as a couple and I hope things go well for them. Call me crazy, but ever since this season started I've had this weird feeling that something more than just a business relationship might end up developing between Helena and Kit. Strange--I know. Possible?--maybe. If nothing else, it might give Kit a few more lines.

    Here's my thought provoking idea of the week: I think Jenny's closet cleaning party is going to lead to Shane discovering her jacket and Molly's letter stashed in the attic. Remember, the entrance to the attic is located in Jenny's closet...........

    That's my thoughts this week. Think I'll go have a slice of nutloaf now! :op

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rangergirl!!!!!

    FINALLY someone agrees with me that Bette's wardrobe is looking all over the place as opposed the usual chic sophisticated look she usually has!!

    I totally 2nd you on Bette in the motel! AS IF Bette would be caught dead in one, she's too classy for all that! I don't buy the whole jobless bit since Tina works at a freaking movie studio and all.....

    The thing is that I REALLY do love Tina and Bette, they are my favorite couple too. The thing that irritates me so much is that sometimes the storylines they are given kinda fall flat and make them seem boring!

    What killed me was that all of a sudden Tasha is putting actual effort in being friends with the other's when she never did before! What gives???!!!

    I thought the same thing about Helena and Kit but it seems like maybe they wanted us to think that so nobody would initially catch onto the developing relationship between sunset and kit...HA I'm all for Kit getting some more lines no matter what it takes!

    I CANNOT WAIT FOR SHANE TO FIND HER JACKET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Miss Independent/Ordinary Girl!!

    Do you know if my observation of Bette not wearing her ring was correct? I mean, I know that she didn't have a ring on in that scene but the more I think of it, I'm not sure if she usually wears one or not. I know Tina does so I would think she does too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rangergirl!

    So I had to do some research to find the answer to your question! Bette wasn't wearing a ring during the episode BUT like you I realized that Bette HAS worn her wedding ring before because we've all seen it every now and again. The thing is that wedding band isn't actually Bette's it's JB's actual wedding ring. That's why we never see Bette wearing a ring 24/7, it's a slip up on JB's part. I looked at photos of her at premieres and such and it's the same ring! My issue with that is why doesn't Chaiken just tell to wear it all the time or not at all- it's such an inconsistency! The fact that Tina has a ring and Bette doesn't is slightly irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great research, thanks! I hate inconsistencies like that and you are right, it is irritating. Or maybe we are just way too in to this show. LOL!

    Only 4 more episodes left! Can you believe that?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I guess we are WAY too into the show! They probably never thought the viewers would be that invested to notice such small details! They underestimate The L Word fanbase severely- tsk! tsk!

    ReplyDelete