Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Must Watch Movie


So upon the suggestion of my fellow L Word fan Rangergirl, I've decided to talk about some movies that MUST be seen!

The Reader- Fantastic film! It centers around the sordid love affair between a woman and a boy, but isn't a romance movie at all as much as it is a drama. That boy grew up wondering what had happened to the woman from his childhood only to find that she was on trial for her life because she had been a prison guard at Auschwitz. It's long but the time flew by for me. This movie had me in tears, it was touching and heart wrenching all at the same time. Kate Winslet deserved her Oscar.....but I hate that Ralph Fiennes wasn't given any accolades for his performance.



2 comments:

  1. I saw this movie a few weeks ago and I totally agree! It was a great movie and Kate Winslet was phenomenal!

    I recommend Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, if you haven't already seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be doing Slumdog in a couple of days actually! =)

    ReplyDelete